One of the South’s largest grocery store chains is announcing a recall of some salads sold in its stores. Publix announced that Fresh Express is voluntarily recalling a limited quantity of Fresh Express 11.5-ounce Southwest Chopped Kit. Publix said said the problem is that wheat, soy, cashews, and coconut might be in some of the salad kits, but aren’t listed on the labels. That could cause allergic reactions that could be life-threatening for some people. The salads were sold this month in Alabama, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West VirginiaPublix lists further details of the products affected on its website.
This Week's Circulars
Gladys Katherine Shannon 93, of Ardmore, Tennessee passed peacefully on Monday, July 6, 2020, at Limestone Health and Rehab, Athens, Alabama. Gladys was born early on a Wednesday morning, March 30, 1927, in Prospect, Tennessee. She was the daughter of Knox Colston and Nancy Littrell Colston.…
Lloyd Wayne Pratt, 63, of Athens, Alabama, died Monday, July 6, 2020. There will be a 2 p.m. graveside service Thursday at Oak Grove Cemetery in Goodsprings, with visitation from 11 a.m.-1:15 p.m. at Spry Funeral Home.
O.W. (Blackie) Chandler, 85, of Athens, Alabama, died Saturday at Athens-Limestone Hospital. Mr. Chandler was born Oct. 12, 1934, in Lauderdale County. Mr. Chandler was retired from NASA, a U.S. Navy veteran and a member of Tanner United Methodist Church. Survivors are wife, Doris Haraway Ch…
Susan Marie Hale, 61, of Tanner, Alabama, died Saturday, July 4, 2020. A memorial service will be held at a later date.
Graveside service for Mr. Joe Rice Jr., 84, is noon Thursday, July 9, 2020, at Thatch-Mann Cemetery in Athens. Peoples Funeral Home is directing. Viewing at the funeral home is 4-6 p.m. Wednesday, July 8.
- Limestone County reports 1st death from COVID-19
- LCSO: Naked Huntsville man trashed Limestone home
- Limestone judge resigns, says it's best for family, county
- SLOWING THE SPREAD: City Council to hold special meeting on COVID-19
- Arrest reports for 7/4/20
- Hospital CNO named interim president
- Arrest reports for 7/7/20
- ATHENS-LIMESTONE HOSPITAL: President steps down, accepts research position
- Arrest reports for 7/8/20
- OPENING SOON: New recreation center nearing completion