An Athens man and seven others from the counties of Morgan, Madison and Cullman and the state of Georgia area facing charges of soliciting prostitution or prostitution following an anti-prostitution sting Thursday by Madison Police.
Police conducted an undercover operation in response to complaints about prostitution occurring in some Madison motels. In each case, the offender used social media to communicate and arrange to exchange sexual acts for money with an undercover officer. Subjects arranged to meet the undercover officer in a predetermined motel, where further arrangements were made between the suspects and the undercover officer. All suspects were arrested and taken to the Madison County Jail. Arrested were:
• Brett Bonnell, 49, of Athens, on a charge of soliciting prostitution, released on $343 bail;
• Kendall Blaxton, 58, Danville, soliciting prostitution, released on $343 bail;
• Frederick Jefferson, 30, Madison, soliciting prostitution, released on $343 bail;
• Amanda Farley, 33, New Market, soliciting prostitution and unlawful possession of controlled substance, released on $2,843 bail;
• Eric Matthews, 44, New Market, soliciting prostitution, bail set at $343;
• Jessica Fletcher, 31, Huntsville, prostitution, released on $343 bail;
• James Lambert, 39, Cullman, soliciting prostitution, unlawful possession of a controlled substance, tampering with evidence and resisting arrest, bail set at $4,500;
• Jose Roman, 40, of Albany, Georgia, soliciting prostitution, bail set at $343.