This Week's Circulars
The graveside service for Joyce Holland Layman, 94, of Athens, Alabama, will be 2 p.m. Sunday August 9, 2020, at Athens City Cemetery with Kenny Baskins officiating. Mrs. Layman passed away Wednesday August 5, 2020, at her residence. She was born August 23, 1925, in Limestone County, Alabama…
Ruby Lovelace Houk, 77, of Athens, passed away Tuesday, August 4, 2020, at her residence. Mrs. Houk was born June 25, 1943. Visitation will be 5-7 p.m. Saturday, August 8, 2020, at Limestone Chapel Funeral Home.
Graveside service for Catherine M. Turner, 85, will be noon Saturday, August 8, 2020, at Thatch-Mann Cemetery with Dr. Shirley Fletcher officiating. Royal Funeral Home-Mason Chapel officiating.
David Kyle Turner passed away in Athens Hospital on Thursday, July 30, 2020. After a battle with pneumonia, he passed peacefully, surrounded by his family at the age of 57. Kyle is survived by his son, David Nathan Turner, a student at the University of Alabama; his mother, Sandra H. Turner,…
- Two young Limestone County farmers named finalists in meet
- Athens man receives life sentence for 2017 murder
- Limestone judge tests positive for COVID-19
- Civil case against former Limestone judge dismissed
- VINYL REVIVAL: Record store keeping it old school in Athens
- Soldier's grave vandalized in family cemetery
- Arrest reports for 8/5/20
- Coaches name All-County Boys Basketball Team
- Arrest reports for 8/8/20
- POWER SUPPLY: Athens Utilities resumes non-payment disconnects