The graveside service for Horace Glenn Haney, 78, of Athens, Alabama, will be 11 a.m. Friday, July 10, 2020, at Limestone Memorial Gardens, with Bro. Robert Hall and Bro. Mike Green officiating. Mr. Haney passed away Wednesday July 8, 2020, at Huntsville Hospital. He was born Sept. 1, 1941, …
This Week's Circulars
Gladys Katherine Shannon 93, of Ardmore, Tennessee passed peacefully on Monday, July 6, 2020, at Limestone Health and Rehab, Athens, Alabama. Gladys was born early on a Wednesday morning, March 30, 1927, in Prospect, Tennessee. She was the daughter of Knox Colston and Nancy Littrell Colston.…
Lloyd Wayne Pratt, 63, of Athens, Alabama, died Monday, July 6, 2020. There will be a 2 p.m. graveside service Thursday at Oak Grove Cemetery in Goodsprings, with visitation from 11 a.m.-1:15 p.m. at Spry Funeral Home.
O.W. (Blackie) Chandler, 85, of Athens, Alabama, died Saturday at Athens-Limestone Hospital. Mr. Chandler was born Oct. 12, 1934, in Lauderdale County. Mr. Chandler was retired from NASA, a U.S. Navy veteran and a member of Tanner United Methodist Church. Survivors are wife, Doris Haraway Ch…
Susan Marie Hale, 61, of Tanner, Alabama, died Saturday, July 4, 2020. A memorial service will be held at a later date.
- Limestone County reports 1st death from COVID-19
- LCSO: Naked Huntsville man trashed Limestone home
- First responders on scene of Elkmont church fire
- Limestone judge resigns, says it's best for family, county
- SLOWING THE SPREAD: City Council to hold special meeting on COVID-19
- Hospital CNO named interim president
- Athens City Council discusses potential mask ordinance
- Arrest reports for 7/7/20
- Arrest reports for 7/8/20
- Arrest reports for 7/9/20