This Week's Circulars
Robert David Thompson, 82, of Lester, Alabama, died Thursday, September 24, 2020, at Athens-Limestone Hospital. There will be a 3 p.m. graveside service Sunday at Hester Cemetery with Bud White officiating. Spry Funeral Home is directing.
Floyd Wilson Jr., 95, died Monday, September 21, 2020, at his residence. Public viewing from 9:30-11 a.m. Saturday, September 26, at Round Island Creek Mission Center, Athens. Graveside service noon Saturday at Thatch-Mann Cemetery, Athens.
Graveside service for James Edward Harris, 83, is 1 p.m. Sunday, September 27, 2020, at Hatchett Cemetery in Tanner, Alabama, with Peoples Funeral Home directing. Public viewing at the funeral home is noon-6 p.m. Saturday, September 26.
Rayborn Bolan, 76, of Athens, passed away Friday, September 25, 2020, at his residence. Mr. Bolan was born April 8, 1944. Memorial service will be at 4 p.m. Monday, September 28, 2020, at Fairview Baptist Church.
- Victim ID'd in Tuesday wreck on U.S. 31
- U.S. 31 near Huntsville-Browns Ferry blocked due to fatal wreck
- Ardmore woman killed in wreck
- 1 injured in Athens 'cutting'
- UPDATE: APD releases details of fatal 4-car wreck
- Arrest reports for 9/24/20
- Cotton-pickin' good: Local co-op gins 1st bale of cotton in the state
- Arrest reports for 9/23/20
- Sept. 23 is Meningitis Awareness Day in Athens
- Athens Council approves new jail agreement