Athens resident John Davis talks about ways to decrease student loan debt as part of The News Courier's ongoing Pulse of the Voter series.
As featured on
This Week's Circulars
Mr. Fred Allen passed away Saturday, June 27, 2020, at his residence. Graveside service will be 11 a.m. Thursday, July 7, at Thatch-Mann Cemetery. Public viewing will be 1-6 p.m. Wednesday, July 1, at Royal Funeral Home-Mason Chapel.
Visitation for Jean Kahl Clark will be from 10-11:45 a.m. Thursday, July 2, 2020, at Limestone Chapel Funeral Home. Service will follow at noon. Burial will be in Roselawn Cemetery.
Mr. Cecil Jerry Reece, 72, of Athens, Ala., passed away on Sunday, June 28, 2020, at his home. Mr. Reece was born on December 23, 1947 in Decatur, Ala., to Cecil E. Reece and Birdie Mae Pitts Reece. He was preceded in death by his parents and grandchild, Jackson Holt. Mr. Reece is survived b…
Joseph Brett Monk, 55, of Athens, Ala., died Thursday, June 25, 2020. There will be a 1 p.m. graveside service Monday at Roselawn Cemetery. The family asks those attending to maintain social distancing. No visitation is planned.
Mr. Burchard Earl Wheatley, 85, of Harvest, Ala., passed away Thursday, June 25, 2020, at his home. Mr. Wheatley was born on April 11, 1935 in Indianapolis, Ind., to Herbert Wheatley and Pearl Wheatley. He was preceded in death by his parents and brother, David. Mr. Wheatley is survived by h…
- Arrest reports for 6/25/20
- Athens-Limestone Hospital CEO: Keep taking virus seriously
- 700 acres in Limestone County donated to Land Trust
- ALSDE: Schools to reopen in fall
- Arrest Reports for 6/23/20
- Athens State sees first COVID-19 cases
- APD: Sex offender caught twice with stolen vehicles
- Summer baseball a little different for area players
- Low cost rabies clinics return July 8-11
- ONE GARDENER TO ANOTHER: What’s bugging you?