This Week's Circulars
The graveside service for William Alfred "Billy" McCown, 70, of Joppa, will be 3 p.m. Friday, April 10, 2020, at Gatlin Cemetery with Joseph Barnes officiating. There will be a private visitation.
Jack Delton Goodman, 89, of Athens, passed away on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at home. Dr. Goodman was born December 16, 1930, in Lauderdale County to Andrew Butler Goodman and Myrtle Howell Goodman. There will be a private visitation and service for Dr. Goodman due to the State Health Order. …
Graveside service for Annie Lee Thompson-Blair, 72, will be noon Saturday, April 11, 2020, at the Roselawn Cemetery. Viewing will take place Thursday until 6 p.m. Friday and 8-11 a.m. Saturday at Peoples' Funeral Home.
Graveside service for Bernadine Brinkley, 74, will be 1 p.m. Wednesday, April 8, 2020 at Thatch-Mann Cemetery. Viewing 3-6 p.m. Tuesday, April 7, 2020, and 8 a.m.-noon Wednesday, April 8, 2020 at Peoples' Funeral Home.
Graveside service for Deacon Bennie (Charlie) Ratliff, 88, is 1 p.m. Friday, April 10, 2020, at Hatchett Cemetery in Tanner. Viewing 3-6 p.m. Wednesday, April 8, and 8 a.m.-noon Friday, April 10, at People's Funeral Home.
- Officials: Drone pilot interfered with injured toddler's transport
- Arrest Reports for 4/4/20
- ONE GARDENER TO ANOTHER: How to identify and treat poison ivy, oak and sumac
- Arrest reports for 4/3/2020
- A CALL TO RESIDENTS: City, county officials address questions, update residents
- LICENSE COMMISSION: New rules for registrations, renewals
- Arrest Reports for 4/2/20
- Athens Mayor: 'Use a dose of common sense' when enjoying weekend
- SOCIALLY DISTANCING SENIORS: Assisted living facilities find new ways to have fun
- Here’s how one church held outdoor worship on Sunday morning