Jess Colton Bates, age 28, of Elkmont, passed away Saturday, Aug. 17, 2019, at his residence. Mr. Bates was born July 3, 1991, in Limestone County to Jimmy Bates and Cynthia Smith Bates. He was preceded in death by his grandfather, Jerry Wade Smith. A celebration of life will be held at 7 p.…
This Week's Circulars
Funeral for Alice Marie Bass Shoulders, 82, will be noon Friday, Aug. 23, 2019, at Little Zion Missionary Baptist Church, Athens. Visitation is one hour before the funeral in the church. Burial is in Thatch-Mann Cemetery.
John Simpson Richardson, 94, of Athens, Alabama, passed away Saturday, Aug. 17, 2019. He was born Nov. 30, 1924, to Roswell Richardson Jr. and Hortense Simpson Richardson. He was preceded in death by his parents; his wife, Maryleen Duncan Richardson; son, John Richardson Jr., and daughter, K…
Horace "Jim" Wilson, age 86, of Athens, passed away on Thursday, Aug. 15, 2019. Mr. Wilson was born May 26, 1933, in Morgan County to Jim Wilson and Nina Bentley Wilson. Funeral for Mr. Wilson will be 1 p.m. Monday, Aug. 19, at Limestone Chapel Funeral Home, with Brother Terry Lamar and Brot…
Mrs. Johnston, 77, passed away on Sunday, Aug. 11, 2019. There will be a visitation held from 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 20, at Limestone Chapel Funeral Home. Services and burial will be held in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Woman charged with theft over home sale returned to jail
- BREAKING: Crews responding to wreck on U.S. 72
- Arrest Reports for 8/14/19
- DEVELOPING: Man arrested for beating 1 year old
- Arrest Reports for 8/16/19
- Arrest reports for 8/13/19
- Arrest Reports for 8/17/19
- Arrest Reports for 8/15/19
- BRICK STREETS: Athens City Council OKs asphalt removal on Market Street
- Victim in early morning wreck ID'd
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.